Hey everyone! Here is my day 1 and 2 update. I had to study for a gastroenterology midterm last night and so my update was pushed back a bit. 😦
Day 1 – 1 out of the 3 complete
Intention: Sugar Cleanse – Complete
I was able to go the whole first day on the complete sugar cleanse without cheating. I forgot to write down what I ate for you guys to peruse over, but I will try to keep a log of it in the future! Below is the foods that are “allowed” and foods that are “allowed in certain amounts”.
- Meat, fish, eggs (any kinds as much as you like)
- Veggies (pretty much all)
- Artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage
- Carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collards, cucumber
- Eggplant, Garlic, Ginger, Green beans, Horseradish
- Jicama, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce (all leafy greens), Mushrooms
- Onions, Parsnips, Peppers (all), Radicchio, Radishes
- Rutabaga, Snow/Snap peas, Spaghetti squash, Spinach
- Tomato, Turnips, Yellow squash, Zucchini
- 1 cup serving per day of 1 of the following:
- Acorn squash, Beets, Butternut squash, Green peas
- Pumpkin, Winter squash
- 1/2 Sweet Potato if you work out for 60 minutes
- Lemon, Lime – as much as you like
- 1 piece per day of… green/granny smith apple, green tipped banana, grapefruit
- Nuts/Seeds (whole, flour, or butters)
- Almonds, brazil nuts, Cocoa/Cacao (100%, nibs), Chia seeds
- Coconut (unsweetened, NO coconut sugar)
- Filberts/Hazelnuts, Flaxseed, Hemp seeds, Macadamia nuts
- Pecans, Pistachios, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds, Tahini, Walnuts
- Fats & Oils
- Animal fats, Butter, Ghee, Clarified butter
- Avocados (and oil), Coconut oil, Flax oil, Olives (olive oil)
- Sesame oil
- Almond milk (unsweetened), Coconut milk/cream (full fat)
- Coffee, Espresso (thank goodness)
- Mineral water, Seltzer, Club Soda, Water
- Teas: herbal, green, black, white, etc. (unsweetened)
- 1 cup per day of… coconut juice/water OR kombucha
- Condiments, Etc.
- Broth (homemade), Coconut aminos
- Ketchup (homemade, sweetener free)
- Extracts: vanilla, almond, vanilla bean, etc.
- Hummus (cauliflower)
- Mayonnaise (homemade, but I don’t like it so I won’t make it)
- Mustard (GF), Nutritional/Brewer’s yeast
- Salad dressing (homemade, if store bought check ingredients list)
- All spices and herbs (check blends for hidden things)
- Vinegars: apple cider, balsamic, distilled, red wine, rice sherry, whtie
Intention: Exercise 30 minutes/day – kinda sorta
My only time for exercise was before my lab and I did not go to the gym. I did work a shift in the ED (emergency department) where I stood for almost 8 hours, so I will count that as partially complete
Intention: Journal/Reflect/Meditate 10 minutes/day – negatory
I will admit I completely dropped the ball on this one. Slowing down for me is like asking a fish to not swim… not in my nature. After this day I realize this will be the most difficult intention for me to implement consistently.
Day 2 – 3 for 3!
Intention: Sugar Cleanse – Complete
This one was pretty simple for me to do day 2, partially because I am not having sugar withdrawal symptoms yet. It was easy until I got to last night, after my second midterm of the day, when I got home from class at 9 PM and realized I needed to START studying for my midterm on Friday… dun dun dun. Luckily I had exercised today so I was able to have 1/2 a sweet potato (in the form of sweet potato chips), carrots w/salsa, and kale chips to munch on.
Intention: Exercise 30 minutes/day – mission accomplished
I had a great workout yesterday at the gym for 60 minutes! I incorporated core strength, weight training (legs day), and a track and field warm-up workout for cardio.
Intention: Journal/Reflect/Meditate 10 minutes/day – yes but guided
I did meditate for 10 minutes yesterday, but it was a guided meditation by one of my professors I work with. It still counts, but I am going to push myself to do it on my own today!
All in all…
I think day one and two displayed that I am human like everyone else and it is hard to start and commit to a behavior change. I will keep pushing onward today and I will give you all an update tomorrow morning! ❤